Friday, October 16, 2009

Shore Excursion in OCHO RIOS, JAMAICA

DUNN’S RIVER FALLS &
DOLPINE COVE
$59.00 per attraction ticket (6 years and above)
$20.00 per adult (buffet lunch) AJ got hers for free. Cool!

Dunn’s River Falls is one attraction in Jamaica not to be missed. With assistance from a guide, you will climb 600 feet of cool, refreshing water as it cascades over natural limestone terraces and plunges into the pristine Caribbean Sea. You will be amazed by its natural wonder. Minimum age to climb Dunn’s River Falls is 6 years old, but we decided not to climb. We didn't want to take the risk of AJ falling/slipping! Maybe next time! Even though, we didn’t get to climb we were able to watch the people and enjoy the sound of the water that was coming from the falls. AJ and her dad took advantage of their beautiful Beach. I on the other hand just took photos and soaked up the sun by sitting down because I can’t swim. Red Flag is up! LOL! (Sorry TMI) But that didn’t stop me from enjoying. Dipping your feet in the cold water was fun too you know! Hihi…No kidding I really did enjoy the amazing views! And I’m not just talking about the scenic view but also the beautiful ladies in their beautiful swim suit attires. What a sight to behold! Did I tell you, I love anything beautiful? I just can’t take my eyes off of them. I was just glad nobody told me “Hey Miss, It’s rude to stare”! Hahaha… I can’t help it if there were lots of pretty girls around me. I guess they were having so much fun that nobody notices it. Young Girls, Mean Girls, Bad Ass Girls, Oldies, Mommies, Skinny, Sexy, Voluptuous. Some even on the heavier side, but boy do they all look beautiful just the same! GOD has a VERY UNIQUE way of creating women differently from men and I was able to see and appreciate them a lot. Yup, we were created more beautiful than men whether they agree or not. Teehee.

After the invigorating experience of the falls, we were transported to Dolphin Cove. A beautiful private setting where we met some of the nature’s finest creatures such as: dolphins, sharks, snakes and exotic birds. The place was surrounded by lush tropical jungle and a beautiful beach with all the amenities that will make your visit to Jamaica relaxing and entertaining. Lunch was not included so we had to purchase it separately. Good thing Dolphin Cove offered buffet lunch for $20 per adult. We got AJ’s meal for free. Drinks are included too! (Drink all you can from Rum punch, bottled water to assorted sodas) When you drink the Rum Punch please drink responsibly. Enjoy it with Care! The hub was able to drink 4 cups. To my surprise he didn’t get drunk. Whoa! You see, the alcohol content of rum in Jamaica was over a 100%. It was good. Really good! The hubs and I enjoyed the Jerk Chicken too. I felt like I ate a whole chicken since that’s what I ate the most. What is there to do? Since I couldn’t swim I just ate and gobbled up as much as my tummy can handle bwahahaha... Their mango was unbelievably sweet! Oh my gosh! I can’t remember how many times I went back for this. The $20 meal was worth it! It was such a good deal and I felt like the management was underpaid. (Hindi ba sila nalugi non? Hahaha… They served two different kinds of salad, assorted fruits (I can’t remember how many fruits were served. I can only remember the mangoes and the watermelon), Jerk Chicken, Cheese Burger, Empanada and Hotdogs. Not much of a choice but believe me people were raving about the jerk chicken, empanada and the mangoes. The rum punch when you get from the boat is like $7++ per cup plus a 15% tip so it’s definitely worth it. Don’t you think? Anyways, there’s a lot more to see in Jamaica. One day is not enough to explore the place. This place is definitely worth going back. The only downside to it was the SHOPPING experience. It wasn’t a good one I can tell you that. Vendors here can be very aggressive. They won’t let you go unless you buy from them. So please make sure if you’ll touch it, buy it! I know! What a shame but that’s how it is in Jamaica. You feel like running far away from them. If only these people were trained not to pressure people to buy. I could say the shopping experience could have been better. Don’t let this stop you to visit Jamaica as I have said this place has a lot to offer. I was able to buy an orange TEE Tank Top with Jamaica on it, 2 bangles made of bamboo, Aj’s maracas and a magnet souvenir for only $15 for everything. Not bad!

By the way, is anyone among you guys looking for a new web hosting service? You might want to try web hosting. They have a very low price for web hosting services which is under $10 a month; all web hosting plans include at least one free domain name registration and a 30-day money back guarantee. I would suggest this if you want to promote your business. They have dedicated servers who will provide numerous benefits to your business. I’ve been thinking of getting one actually for my sis, who’s selling stuff like Havs, crocs, nine west bags, coach, bath and body products, Victoria Secret, Old Navy and a lot more. Ever since she started selling stuff to friends and family, she informed me that the orders have been pouring in so I guess it’s about time to get her one. Besides, it will be a lot easier for them to check the item instead of waiting for a balikbayan box to arrive and my sis bringing it to them. Most of them have access to the internet anyway so yeah I think this is a good idea. You can also check their blog for more information.



1 comment:

Jam said...

yeah,sis love the scenery and i want to taste the food...
And you're right many are asking for more products...to choose and sizes...and it's easy access that we have internet...