Saturday, June 14, 2008

TO ALL THE FATHERS, RELAX AND ENJOY!

With the oil price increase everyone is affected dramatically. But I think there are more than enough ways for most of us to cut back on luxuries and still be able to survive just fine despite the high gas prices. Here are just some tips:

When you go grocery shopping go for sales and then stock up for future use, especially the ones that you use or eat all the times. Sometimes my husband wonders what the heck those are for. He feels like I’m panic buying ha-ha… little did he know I’m helping with the budget, although, he thinks of me as the greatest spender of the family.

Just stocked up on Bath and Body products since they’re having their semi annual sale right now. Great for future gifts to teachers, friends, co workers or just anyone. There is always something for everyone. Don’t you worry they wont expire soon. Yeah, I asked.

Skip the waiting lines at Outback Steakhouse and the Cheesecake Factory. How about we stay home to eat and challenge ourselves to cook food that is less than 10 dollars but still feels like you dined out. Just like my favorite cook Rachel Ray, would call it “Fake outs”. Nice isn’t it. Okay! Maybe once or thrice a month you can indulge lets say it’s a treat for working hard.


If you’re like me who loves Starbucks, make a few trips less to Starbucks every week and make coffee at home that should be enough to make up the difference. Don’t ya’h Agree?

Drive less and enjoy walking and car pooling with friends would be good ideas.

Being frugal is one thing, but being cheap is entirely something different entirely.
Vacations are our privilege for working hard and SAVING money to take a special family time. I don’t know about you, but since its Father’s Day, I think Daddy deserves a wonderful treat. So we’re off to Virginia for a Father’s Day Weekend Getaway. TO ALL THE FATHERS, RELAX AND ENJOY! HAPPY FATHER’S DAY TO MY DAD AND TO MY LABS AND TO ALL THE FATHERS OUT THERE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Now I'm beginning to be a wise spender. Thanks for dropping by at http://theshoppinglog.com

marie said...

Hi there:) ME TOO maingat na rin sa pag gasta.