Monday, April 20, 2009

GROCERY BUDGET???

To tell you honestly, GROCERY is not my ideal shopping destination. I find the entire process of planning, loading and unloading (Gasp!) to be a bit daunting. Yes! You read that right! And when it rains Boy don't you just hate it? Arghhh!!! Paksyet!

Anyways, I used to not pay attention to grocery prices that much. It took me a while to realize that I could save some extra money if I started paying a little more attention to grocery price variations. Now I compare prices and shop at groceries that have sale the most. I'm not ashamed to admit that I also used coupons whenever possible. Coupons are actually my best friend.

So now, I wanted to do a bit of experiment. And would love the hubs to support and accept this challenge to spend $75 worth of groceries the entire week. (We usually spend $125-150 a week for the three of us) This includes AJ's 5 day snack in school, (we paid her lunch in school so that's already taken care of), the hubs 5 day lunch (lean cuisine, frozen meal), breakfast for the entire week (AJ and I usually have cereal with milk or bagel, the hubs, well, he's a bit picky so I should consider this.), dinner for the entire week and lunch on the weekends. For my lunch, I just eat whatever is available in the fridge. Haha...

I'm going to cheat a little . And why is that you may ask? Well, I did some inventory and check whatever stock we have and start from there. I will try to incorporate whatever is left for our Menu this week. That way, I won't be wasting food and would eliminate repeated trips to the store. I have the tendency to be an impulse buyer that sometimes before I have the chance to use it...it's way past its expiration date. What a waste of money! I can't afford to be wasteful these days! Yes! I'm really serious to do this. Why the hell do you think I'm doing it? It might not be a big deal to you or to anyone else but it is to me. I just hope I'll be able to stick with the plan/budget since I could easily get lost and get distracted out there. If you know what I mean? I got a good tip about...Attractive displays, fancy packaging, and convenience foods almost always cost more. Look at top and bottom shelves for the best bargains. Stores often put the most expensive and prettiest packages at eye level. I just have to remember this all the time.

Anyways, my menu for this week will be as follows (not that anyone will care I suppose bwehehe...)

MONDAY--- courtesy of FAT DADDY's bwahahaha... (Ok so $15 dollars will be deducted to the $75. So all I have left is $60. I think I still can work that. Since right now I don't need to purchase big items such as Tissue Rolls for the kitchen and bathroom tissues. These suckers are expensive ranging from $8-16. So I think I'm good. ((Fingers cross!) I just hope I have enough money to get food for next weeks meal. -haha- Just in case I have to purchase the big items for the next week.



TUESDAY--- SISIG
Fruit and Garden Salad w/ a Thousand Island Dressing



WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY--- PASTA SHRIMP ALFREDO w/ CHEESE GARLIC BREAD or PANDESAL with slice of Velveeta Cheese -hehe- (We still have PANDESAL from last weeks trip to Virginia from Susan's Kitchenette) This meal usually give us 2 dinners. YUP! We don't mind eating leftovers.



FRIDAY--- FRIED CHICKEN with POTATOES and CORN on the side

SATURDAY--- RIB-EYE STEAK w/ PORTABELLA MUSHROOMs for DINNER
And for brunch it depends whatever the hubs and AJ likes.



SUNDAY--- VEGGIE CHEESE PIZZA and PEPPERONI PIZZA for LUNCH
B-B-Q PORK LOINS for DINNER
For the mean time no GRAND ASIA BUFFET. I get to keep the $40. This will go to the travel funds for August.



Then start the process all over again. GOLLY! I'm starting to get a headache. GOODLUCK TO ME! (Evil laughs in the background) Sssshhh!!!

5 comments:

mordsith said...

you really are serious about this! hehe.

i also don't look at the prices, not that I do grocery a lot. thanks for the tips, though! I'll keep them in mind. :)

kg said...

grabe! ang sarap ng food!

you're lucky there are coupons there in the US. dito ata wala nyan eh!

Rico said...

Wow may menu ka pa pala. Kami laging bahala na si Batman, anything goes. Sa lahat ng klase ng shopping etong pag grocery lang ang kaya kong i-tolerate.

jam said...

kaya u yan sis...go go go gorl..

jetty said...

Ay palpak naman ang experiment ko... hihi... ang hirap pala ng limited ang budget...hay naku!