Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ASSUMING PEOPLE!

After I dropped AJ to school I went to go get my caffeine fix at Starbucks. I got the Tall White Chocolate Mocha and a slice of Very Berry Coffee Cake. I really like the combination of these two and oh can I just say I love their drive thru! I was just glad Starbucks offered pairings so it’s easier on the budget. You won’t feel too guilty spending less than $5 for a cup of coffee with a slice of cake. And they also have this promotion that if you made a purchase prior to 2pm. Just bring the receipt after 2pm same day and you could get a Grande Cold drink for $2+tax. This is actually great for people who just love to drink Starbucks all day. Anyways, when I was about to pay for my coffee this guy at the window/counter kept on saying Namaste, Namaste, Namaste! And I was like what is he saying??? Confusion must be all over my face? I guess! Then he asked where I was from. So I told him that I came from the beautiful Island of the Philippines. And he was like oh I'm sorry I thought you we're from India. Yup, I get that a lot! Hahaha… (It’s funny and kind of annoying how people assume they know where you were from just by looking at you, really! I was even wearing a very big sunglasses hahaha…) Helloooo!!! And get this, most of the time Mexicans/Spanish people will just approach me and say Hola! Como Esta and would start a conversation as if we knew each other. (I know what the first two means but I have to tell them I don’t speak Spanish) They would stare and would give me a puzzled look as if I was lying and I was just too ashamed to admit that we speak the same language. Ayayay! Hay! I just don’t like it when people assume. Stop assuming alright! Maybe you need to exercise your mouth a little and start asking. Would you please use your mind a little and start thinking? Alright, Peeps!?

3 comments:

Jam said...

suman kabsat...masyado sila assuming..ganda mo kse sis...un oh!!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

maybe you don't look pinoy at all. smile ka nalang

Rico said...

A female friend who also migrated in the U.S. is also often mistaken for a Mexican, which she really hates. Mexicans don't have a "good reputation" in her part of the state.