Monday, October 27, 2008

DON’T YOU JUST WISH MONEY GROWS ON TREES…

I had to drop off AJ at school 2 weeks ago (Wednesday) because the hubs had an early meeting. For your info AJ is in Kindergarten, she’s 5. We’re almost 1 mile away from AJ’s school when I hit something and then the car started to sound strange. AJ was like (Mommy, what’s that sound?) The more I hit the accelerator, the more it sounds different. Oh please! Just let me bring my AJ to school safe then I will deal with you later. Promise! (I was talking like crazy to my car) Still wondering what the sound was. (I don’t know anything about cars I just drive them Ehehe…. Sad I know) Tsk!!! We reached the school safe. The Bell rang. (DARN! We’re late!) Dropped AJ to her class.

I went back to the car. DANG! MY TIRE’S FLAT!(GREAT!)I saw a big hole from the side of the tire and when I say big I really mean big. What the hell? What did I just hit? Up to now I still keep wondering. I had to call the hubs since I didn’t know what to do. When he got there he told me he had to change the tire. I’m like Huh!? Kaya mo ba? Sigurado ka? The hubs “ Oo naman. Anong akala mo sa akin? Oh Well! I should have known better. Of course he can do it. After all he’s a JACK-OF-ALL-TRADE kind of guy and I’m proud to say he’s my man. Wink!

We had to bring the car to the SEARS Auto shop instead of FORD since they can be really too busy there most of the time. The hubs needed to go back to the office for an afternoon meeting. They checked the car but unfortunately the tire couldn’t be salvaged. It had to be replaced. (I had the car for more than 2 years now; the hubs got his 10 yrs ago but never had a flat tire ever…Ang swerte ko naman!) We both have Ford Explorer. His might be old but it still works just fine. Sabi nga ni LABS swertehan lang daw yun. The funny thing is I tried so hard not to shop for a couple of weeks and then BAM! An Unexpected Expense! Geez Louise! Don’t you just hate it? Then at the mall I lost the other pair of my favorite gold earrings. Then last week we left a bag of Bounty Tissue Paper at a parking lot. Yeah! Talk about trying to save. Tsk! What Unfortunate Incidents. I hope LUCK would be on my side very soon and for the rest of the year. I’m crossing my fingers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay, I can totally relate. You know the feeling that when you try hard not to spend money that something's going to come up? Either the ref's going to go poof! or the pipes will go haywire? It happens all the time.

Well, the year's about to end, so maybe your bad luck will end with it. :)

To answer your question, yes, how I wish money grows on trees...

Anonymous said...

I wish that too!
But seriously, when you hear something wrong with your car, you should really stop, park on the side, and check. It's really dangerous driving with a flat tire, plus it may cause even more damage.

marie said...

Unexpected circumstances happens sometimes, what's important is you're both safe and sound. Money can be earned through hardwork but health and safety, oh well God only knows.
Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there J. We all have those unexpected expenses. I've had a flat before, and it was right before I was heading to see my family. It was an immediate fix. Thankfully the tire wasn't punctured on it's side so it was able to be patched up.

But I've also had all four wheels and tires stolen. That was a few years ago. My car was just sitting in my friend's apartment parking lot with no wheels.

And more recently my engine died and I had to spend just over USD$3,000 on a that. Yup, right out of the blue.

Yes, often times I wish money was easier to come by. (=-

Keep being frugal.

Nanaybelen said...

It's good that smat Aj still able to catched up with her class.
Seems you're driving alone and with Aj only. Must know at least little car repair.
Good Day.

Anonymous said...

YEAH right how we wish money just grow in trees (hehehe)
buti na lng safe kayo nakarating ng school..that's life minsan my bad day don't worry magiging good na all through..kaya magpaturo ka na kay manong alvin ng mga basic lng bout cars.para may nalalaman ka rin..ok..yngat kau lge..muwah!!

Anonymous said...

@KG: I hope so too KG! With the holidays coming Hay!!! :)

@Rico: Thanks! I know! I should have known better. I'm just glad nothing bad happen.

@Ate Marie: I agree with you Ate Marie.

@Ted: Wow ted! What an experience!

@Nanay Belen: Hay! Sana nga po matuto ako kahit basic lang! Kaya lang i doubt it i don't have any interest at all. Pasaway!

@sis: Hay! You know me sis...masyadong tamad...I know! Ganyan talaga i just can't help myself na magreklamo hahaha...