Sunday, November 9, 2008

A BULLY!!!

This happened the 2nd week after school started in September. I never thought I would post it so I didn’t bother remembering. Here’s a conversation with my AJ about a boy named Txxx who in some way bothers her too much. I wanted to handle the issue my way because frankly Txxx was also getting in my nerves. He bothered me so much that I wanted to punch him. (Sshh!!! Of course I won’t, silly! He’s just a kid!) This is where it all started and from then on the teasing hasn’t stopped. This has been bothering and continue to annoy AJ a lot.

MONDAY
AJ: I had fun in the playground today Mom.
MOM: Good for you, babe!

TUESDAY
AJ: I had fun in the playground today. But it’s so hot I had to stay in the shade. It cools me down.
MOM: Yeah, It’s a bit hot today!
AJ: Mom, I have a new friend, Exxx. He is my friend. I like him a lot. I gave him a hugs and a lot of kisses.
MOM: So a new friend? Huh! Good for you!

AJ nodding her head and smiling and it seems that she really like this boy a lot. You’ll see why, she talks about him non-stop.

WEDNESDAY
AJ: Mom, I had lots of fun today. Exxx and I played together and during nap time he slept beside me.
MOM: That’s good! So this Exxx, is he nice?
AJ: Yeah! I like him a lot.

THURSDAY

AJ: MOM, I had fun today. We played in the playground.
MOM: That’s good! How is Exxx?
AJ: My teacher said Exxx and I should separate during our naptime.
MOM: Oh! Why? Did the teacher get mad at you or Exxx?
AJ: No! Exxx just wasn’t listening. But he didn’t get a time out.
Mom: Oh really! Next time tell Exxx to listen to your teacher, ok.
AJ: OK!

FRIDAY

She was very upset that I had to ask her, how her day was. If you notice she would always greet me with her “I had a good day….line”). But today it was different and I could see it in her face that she wasn’t happy at all.

AJ: Mom, I’m confused.
MOM: Why are you confused, babe?
AJ: This boy in my class, his name is, Txxx.
MOM: What about Txxx?
AJ: He says Exxx is my BOYFRIEND. I kept telling him Exxx is just my friend but, he kept on saying he is my boyfriend. HMPPP! I don’t care about Txxx. I don’t like him. Hmmmp!!!


It must have been very hard for my AJ to understand why this boy would say such a thing. Understand this, AJ doesn’t have any MALICE YET. She was not exposed to this kind of stuff. And for her to feel this way hurts me too. I know kids will be kids but this boy is just way out of line. I had to ask the hub to have a talk w/ her teacher since this boy can be too much for AJ to handle. He loves to tease AJ a lot. He even said one time to AJ “I’m KEEPING AN EYE ON YOU!” Can you believe a 5 year old would say that?

The teacher had a talk with Txxx. He even apologized to AJ and we thought that would be the end of it. Wrong! (Masyadong kulang sa pansin ito grabeee…minsan gusto ko nang kausapin at bungangahan hahaha…but we let AJ do her thing and handle him on her own.) I realize I wouldn’t be there all the times to rescue her if there is a bully who comes along. (I learned from AJ's teacher, Mrs. Sxxx, that this boy can be a handful at times.) I see! So we told AJ to just ignore him and if he stills bother her to tell him “STOP IT! I DON’T LIKE THAT!” (With a serious look and a firm voice). If you’ll meet my AJ, your first impression would be that SHE IS SO SWEET. Yeah! She is such a sweet kid. She loves to hug and kiss. She loves to draw, make art works and give it to whoever is sick or got hurt or sad. AJ must have played with Exxx all the times that Txxx felt nobody wanted to play with him. So I told her that Txxx might like to play with her too. (She doesn’t want to play with him. She’d rather play with Exxx more. She doesn’t understand why she needed to play with Txxx when in fact she’s enjoying Exxx’s company.) But being the nice girl that she is, she told me she would start playing with him more and she did. At one time Txxx didn’t have any partner for reading and you know what she did? She asked the teacher if he could join her and Axxx, one of her classmates (AJ’s reading partner). The teacher told us about this when we had a teacher’s conference/evaluation of how AJ was doing for the first quarter. The teacher even praised her and told her that she was so nice about including Txxx in the group! Awww! I felt so proud! But sad to say this boy lacks attention. Oh well!... Txxx still bothers AJ but she’s getting there. She’s trying really hard not to let him get on her nerves. Way to go BABE! By the way the teacher praises AJ for doing so well in school and even said that she’s beyond some of her classmates. I’m proud to say that before school started she was able to learn to write and spell her Name, middle name and her Last name which is Alexis Jade- G---b A----------n (MN-5 letters LN is 12 letters) and she can count and write 1-100. I know I may sound like I’m bragging but who cares. She’s my pride and joy anyway (aren’t all parents like that? Ahihi…) BLEH!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ATE AJ...KEEP IT UP SWEET GIRL..
IF TXXX STILL BOTHERS U DEDMAHIN U NA LNG...BAIT KA NMN DB...
YOU ARE REALLY A SWEET AND SMART GIRL..WE LOVE YOU..MUWAH!!!

Anonymous said...

maybe Txxx has a crush on AJ. kiddin'. :)

I hope that boy stops bothering her already or at least a lesson from AJ's example about being nice. :)

Anonymous said...

I have the sane fear for Princess Wendy at school, and I share your feeling. Bullies can be everywhere. But I believe that bullies are bullies for a reason; most of the time, they just want the attention or they want to compensate for a shortcoming or insecurity.

I hope your AJ handles this well jetty, with your help of course!

Have a great weekend jetty! :)

Anonymous said...

@Sis: Dinededma nga daw nya, kaya lang si txxx masyadong papansin eh!

@Mordsith: Honga eh! Crush nga ata ni txxx si Aj hahaha...


@KG: Thanks KG! She's handling him just fine.