Sunday, December 21, 2008

GIFT GIVING!

The polvoron was a success alright. But I had a change of heart. The original plan was the hubs would bake some homemade cookies then at the last minute I decided I wanted to make polvoron to go along with the hubs cookies. I just thought it would be nice to have just a slight touch of home ( Philippines). If you know what I mean. :) ( Since I know how my FILIPINO friends love it as PASALUBONG. So I said why not?) The hubs liked it and surprisingly AJ loved it too. To tell you the truth I was surprised too since she's not too fond with these kind of sweets. She'd prefer fruits instead. -hahaha- I'm so glad she liked it. She actually ate it with GUSTO.



Polvoron is actually really easy to make. No sweat if you didn't have crazy ideas like mine... to make the story short holiday cookie cutters didn't work with the polvoron if only I had the proper tools (polvoron press). With the polvoron press it should have been a breeze but that's not the case so I had to improvise. Lets just say I'm going to make this again ONLY IF AJ requests. -haha-

Anyways, I made a small batch then divided it to two flavors. The regular plain flavor and Cookies n cream. The hubs liked the plain one while the little one preferred the cookies n cream. I liked them both if you bother to ask me. ;)

So we went with the original plan and actually distributed the first batch the hubs made during a x-mas get together at one of our friends house. We still have to do the second batch though. Homemade cookies makes a great gift. Not only are they delicious but its a treat your friends get to enjoy. It also means you made great effort of your TIME and LOVE. Isn't that a great feeling?





Tips to make a beautiful package!

* I used TIN CANS
* You can wrap them in an attractive box and basket
* How about the Chinese box take out. That would be great too. (Undo the artsy side of you) :)
* You can place them in a decorative plate.
* You can use different sizes of plastic bags per piece or more in one package, just add ribbons. VOILA!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so when do I get mine? :)

Merry, Merry Christmas jetty! mwah! holiday hugs ans kisses to you. :)

Anonymous said...

MUAH KG!

Anonymous said...

pano nmn kme d2.......

Anonymous said...

patikim...