Friday, December 19, 2008

WHAT I LEARNED AND STILL LEARNING BEING A MOM!

Its true that kids grow fast. My advice is to make time with the kids while you still can. So the hubs and I fully indulge and enjoy every moment with our precious little Princess. If your kids wants to shower you with hugs and kisses let them. Soon they wouldn't want to give you any. 2 years ago AJ told us not to call her a baby anymore. She was only 3 at the time. Hay! *Big Sigh*

Warning! Never say anything in front of your kids that you don't want repeated. And believe me! Sugar really does make kids go crazy- Avoid it! Little treats are fine. Just don't over do it. Some kids have no idea where money comes from and they don't care. LOL! AJ once asked me for some money for a ride in one of those that you put quarters on. I told her I didn't have any. (I don't want to give her the impression that whenever she asks I would give). I was hoping she would let it pass Oh Boy! I was wrong and got shocked when she said this:

AJ: Mommy, why can't we just use your card?

I'm like...WHAT??? Nyahahaha.... Geez! I can't blame her. She is used to seeing me pay with my card and seldom use cash.

I will say this again, being a parent can be so rewarding but it sucks to be one sometimes. There are times that we need to say NO! I know it sounds cruel but bear this in mind, we noticed that the more we give, the more AJ expects. I admit the hubs and I over indulge AJ most of the time with just about anything. (Yeah, were guilty!) But just because we can afford it doesn't mean we should always give in to whatever her hearts desire. We don't want to create a monster, do we now? So saying NO sometimes is OKAY.

BUT, (Yup! I know you read it right there is a but hahaha....)


To be continued.....

3 comments:

Nanaybelen said...

LOL thats the way my kids reacted when i said

mommy : "hwag yan kasi mahal"

kids: "di gamitin mo ang card mo... "

mommy: (gusto ng magalit akala lagi akong may pera)wala ng laman yan . kaunti ang pera ko ngayon kasi kaunti ang benta sa tindahan nagtuition pa kayo.

kids : bakit dala mo pa rin ang card mo?

hayyyyy! wala na akong masabi

Anonymous said...

Yap Nay! Ganyan talaga sila hahaha...
I will try to teach AJ the value of money soon enough... pero pass muna ako sa ngayon. Ahihi...

Anonymous said...

wen sis..korek ka jan..