Friday, December 19, 2008

Too many plans not enough time...and MY LOVE AFFAIR with....

I just realized that we traveled a lot this year. Went home to the Philippines for a 3 month vacation. Then we sailed to the Carribean "Bahamas" on August. We had more than our usual share of road trips in the past few months ( Virginia, South Carolina, Florida, side Food trip to Georgia then back again to Virginia last month and sent 2 Balikbayan Box for the family in time for X-mas). Which means we ended up using a chunk of our savings way more that we would have expected. The reason why the hubs is against the travel to Florida this month :( since we need to set aside a decent amount of money to enjoy this trip.

I don't know about you, but I hate the idea of going on a vacation on a tight budget. How can anyone enjoy the travel when all you can think of is: this is too much or I just can't afford this. It just kills whatever excitement I've been feeling to tell you quite frankly. ( The reason why you need to PLAN AHEAD, to avoid feeling GUILTY). I think its okay to go all out if you have extra money. But if you don't have anything to fall back on in times of Emergency because you spend all your fortune to traveling, then that's a different story. You can't blame anybody but YOURSELF. If you choose too travel, Enjoy and have the best time of your life, smart enough to think for your future and would still love to enjoy life with a little vacation here and there. then go for it. I would say GOOD FOR YOU! This is just a matter of choice. (Right?)

So it got me thinking If everything goes as planned maybe we could still travel. I can utilize our timeshare points. Hay! Too many plans not much time and importantly not enough money.



MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH THE SALAD MASTER

I completely forgot besides traveling we also invested quite a lot of money on a new cooking ware that I got last month which is the Salad Master. If you've heard about Salad Master you'll know what I'm talking about. ( http://www.saladmaster.com/index.nws)

So I may miss the fun of traveling but you know what I wouldn't trade the good benefits we are getting right now with the Salad Master. It's just simply AMAZING! The hubs doesn't mind me having an affair with my new found love. (I'm in the mood for cooking:) YAY! ) Just as I don't mind him falling in love with his new toy (SONY 52" Bravia LCD HDTV)hehehe... Although I can't believe what the hubs said about the TV " That it was a love at first sight " SYET NA MALAGKET! GANON? MAY GANONG FACTOR? HAHAHA...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! great gifts for the christmas season! pag nagpunta ako dyan pagluluto mo ako ha! he! he! although I'd like to have that TV also!..imagine, love at first sight! har! har! talbog ang beauty mo!

happy weekend jetty!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Honga, talbog ang beauty ko. Akalain mo bang sabihin sa akin na
" I want to have quality time with my TV " nung kinukulit ko na magtravel kami kahit saan. :(

Sure ipagluluto kita! When ka bibisita? Seryoso ako :)