Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oh it Stinks!

Oh my Gosh! What is that smell? Then I suddenly remembered, it was the dried fish we cooked last night. Geeezzz! The fish was so good alright. But there is a downside. It left a terrible smell all over the house. Ugh! It will take days for us to get rid of the smell unless we do something. We have this small ionizer in the kitchen to help absorb the smell but I guess we need a stronger one. Like maybe an online perfume to mask the smell. I'm not exaggerating about the smell. That's how bad it is. I just hope nobody comes over and surprise us for a visit. How embarrassing would that be? They might wonder where the smell is coming from? They might think it came from a dead rat or something. Wahhhh!!! Oh, gosh! It stinks! I need to do something quick! I might as well use my favorite Christian Dior Addict and spray around. For sure it will help. I really can't stand the smell anymore. So here goes.... (went to grab my favorite bottle of perfume...after 5 min. or so....) That's much better. Now, we can all breathe better. Hahaha...

We seldom cook dried fish because of the smell. But a cousin of the hubs just came back from the Philippines. They gave us dried fish, corned beef in cans, chocolate mallows, and pulvoron (w/c by the way AJ pronounces as pol-bey-rein). It was so funny I can't help myself but giggle. Hihi... Anyways, they call this fish JEPROX. I'm not sure if I spelled it right. I just sounded it out. Rico, I'm not really sure what kind of fish this is. It looks like it was the one we call Espada (sword/knife fish) from our province, but this one was thinner and it was not salty at all. AJ said it tasted like our Chicharon (Pork Cracklings). And I think, she was right! Does anyone of you guys know this kind of fish?

6 comments:

kg said...

oh no! that would really stink! i remember the case were some nuns filed a case against a filipino cooking tuyo in their apartment! ibig sabihin, ganun katindi ang amoy!

Jam said...

hehehehe!k lng yan sis..naimas met..maikat tu met lng..tiis ka muna..

mordsith said...

i'm not good in fish names. i'm only good at eating them. :) masarap ba to sa suka? hehe. :)

Rico said...

Mukha ngang espada, pero mukha ngang masarap. You should try lighting a candle WHILE cooking dishes like this. It burns the smell.
In your case, siguro use scented candles to burn off some of the lingering smell. I hope that works!

marie said...

yeah tama, parang swordfish nga....hmmmm sarap sa suka at kamatis

Maui (Suushh) said...

not sure what that is, but sure looks tasty!! :D