Friday, January 30, 2009

Beauty comes from within!

Is it possible for a 5 year old to love make-up at an early age? I've seen my daughter to pick up real make-up when were at a store and pretend putting it on whenever she had a chance.. I wonder sometimes where she got her budding fascination with make-up? I use make-up alright! But only on occasions and not everyday. She has this impression that when you put make-up on that "You're Pretty". Should I be worried? I hope not! I take pride in teaching AJ that beauty comes from within. The world is quick to judge based on physical appearance, and we need to take more time to see the true beauty in others. I hope this is just a phase and she'll outgrow it soon.

I have nothing against make-up. Besides, I've been there, done that kind of thing (so don't get me wrong). I just think there is a proper timing to start using them. For the meantime I just want her to be care free and enjoy being a kid without thinking about her hair if it was a little disheveled or her jacket was too fluffy and made her look fat. (Y'know things like that). She actually surprised me one time when she said she doesn't want to put on her jacket because it made her look fat. I had to talk to her and convince her otherwise. *BIG SIGH* Please don't grow up too soon my baby doll! I really don't want her to be like one the "girls" that can only think of their outside appearance and nothing else. TSK! That's a scary thought!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just a phase and she just wants to play with it. Of course, I'm just blabbering. What do I know? Hehe

Anonymous said...

yes, it's possible! my wendy is also into makeup! my gosh! ang babata pa! but of course I refrain her from using makeup. i don;t want her to look like a child na mukhang matanda. :)

happy weekend jetty! :)

Anonymous said...

girls! the only way i can get my 2 year old to sit still is by giving her lip gloss.

fun stuff!