Sunday, February 8, 2009

Getting Old!

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be old? Getting old is a normal physical process so we shouldn’t be scared. But I often wonder who will care for me if I can’t take care of myself anymore. For some kids here in the US, their options usually are to put their parents to Retirement Homes which some of us think is absolutely horrid. But you see, you have to understand where they are coming from. Not all of us can afford not to work. Isn’t it scarier if you leave them home by themselves and when you come back from work, you’ll just see them lying around unconscious? Then your conscience would start eating you up. I think it’s a lot of courage to be open minded with regards to this issue. I know it’s easier said than done but that’s how life is. Besides, I think it’s best for everyone. You don’t have to worry about being a burden to your family. Right? Well, just as long as my family would visit me regularly then I would be happy. (I don’t mean to offend anyone. This is just my opinion.) Wouldn’t it be so cool if you joined the Free Senior Chat. You’ll get to meet new friends and kill time while chatting away. When you get older, you have to find ways to entertain yourself so you won’t be in a state of depression which is so hard to overcome especially if you don’t get the support you’ve been expecting from your loved ones. Sad I know but instead of you sulking in the corner, just go and have fun. Life is too short to be unhappy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ako..i always imagine what it would be like if i were old na. sana I could be still as active and energetic. and I hope my daughter is still there for me. :)

actually, i take it a step further, i think what it is like to die. he! he! morbid!