Sunday, February 22, 2009

Scary!!!

February 18, 2008 marks the year after an unfortunate incident that took placed in our province. I never in my wildest dream would have thought it would happen to us. I really wish it didn’t happen at all because it really scared the shit out of me. It took me a while to calm my nerves and I tried so hard to forget the whole thing but I don’t think it will ever happen. It still gives me the creeps and I still shiver whenever I remember it, even now that I’m back here in the comforts of our home. What’s even worse is I got so paranoid that now I have the urge to always check everything and turn the alarm on as soon as I come home. (That’s not like me because I think I am one of the most care less person you’ll ever meet. Would you believe at one time I forgot to remove the keys from our apartment door one night, which our next door neighbor had to inform us? During that time I’m not fond of using the security alarm that our apartment provided. I thought who needed that anyway? At one time, I also forgot to lock the apartments backdoor which I think we got lucky because we never had any break-ins or something like that. You know what. I actually don’t want to think about it. I’m just thankful that we were ok despite of my carelessness.)

So who would have thought that on the early morning of Feb. 18, 2008 at around 3am somebody would give us the fright that I would have never imagined. We were all very tired because we just had AJ’s 5th b-day party at Jollibee Solano Nueva Vizcaya. (The hubs and I were really tired since the 15th; AJ had a small celebration at my MIL’s house on her actual birth day. Then the next day she had her 5th b-day party at SM Fairview STORYLAND the food was catered by McDonalds. After the party we had to travel to the province for her other party the next day which was held at Jollibee Solano NV at 1pm. We were even late at our own party hahaaha…. Then we had to go to the church that night and eat out for dinner. So imagine how exhausted we were on the night of the 17th. The husband even had a terrible migraine that he had to lie down for a few hours while me, my mom and my sis were busy chatting. My Dad and the kids were already asleep and I think my BIL was playing with the PSP in their room. After a few hours my mom called it a night so she went to bed ahead of us. But my sis and I stayed up a little longer. I noticed that my sis was a little bit apprehensive and too jumpy whenever she heard something but I didn’t think it was anything to be scared of. She didn’t say anything too that she was suspicious already and kept to herself thinking it was just her imagination and it was nothing. She just told us about this the next day.) Then my sis and I called it the night and went to our rooms at around 1:30 am. I took a shower and brushed my teeth then I went to bed. Then the hubs woke up to wash for the night then went back to bed right away. After an hour or so the hubs was awoken by a strange sound and saw hands coming from outside the window. He tried to wake me silently but I was too sleepy. I thought he was mumbling or something “Labs ninakawan tayo” (somebody is robbing us) Huuhhhh….. I can hardly open my eyes then he said it again this time it was louder “NINAKAWAN TAYO” as he tried to grab the thief’s hands!!! (SOMEBODY IS ROBBING US). Then I heard the thief’s footsteps running. It was then that I started shouting “Magnanakaw”!!! (Thief! Thief!) My Dad and Mom didn’t hear us initially. The hubs started chasing him and started to climb the fence but I had to stop him for the fear that he might get hurt. We didn’t know what the thief might do in the night.

So we just went back inside and woke up everyone. We discovered that he got my Mom’s cell phone first. (Yup! Those two didn’t hear a thing) From our room he got the hub’s 60 GB Ipod,(this was a fully loaded gift from me for x-mas 2 years ago) AJ’s New Nintendo DS with a new game we just bought, and the hubs Video eyewear (where you can plug to an ipod and watch video that seemed to be projected on a 46-inch TV. I got this for the hubs on our 7th Anniversary gift for $400.) Then there was also the cell phone we borrowed from my SILs that probably cost P12,000. We were just glad that nobody got hurt. I think he just came to rob but still he gave us the experience I will never ever forget. Then the hubs informed me that it was a good thing he didn’t put my LV bag over by the window. (He thought about it and I’m really glad he didn’t. This could have caused us a lot of trouble. If he did we would’ve been SCREWED!) Que horror! I didn’t worry about the bag. It was more for a fact that the bag had our passport, greencard, pocket money, my driver’s license and credit cards along with my digital camera and digital video cam.). Imagine if that happened? I swear I don’t know what I would’ve done. That is why I’m very thankful despite of what happened. I’m still thankful to HIM for watching over us. Those things that he took can be replaced but not the people I love. I just wish we had a Security Cameras Direct at that time. It could have come in handy for us. I had to give up the convenience we had from the new house. That’s how scared I was. I swear I didn’t want to go back and sleep there anymore. I had to compromise and stay at the old house even if AJ didn’t like it. She thought it was too old and ugly. No air-conditioner. Restroom was outside and a bit far from our room.

1 comment:

Nanaybelen said...

grabe naman itong nangyari sa inyo. 'lang hiyang magnanakaw na yan.
di bale. as long as you all safe.